Saturday 6 March 2010

Day 5


Click on the above to watch the video

Day 5:
Distance Travelled: 31 Miles
Money Spent: £6

With no phone, I had no idea what time it was. I peeked out the tent and noticed it was still dark but I was too cold to go back to bed so I decided to get up. Once I had cleared any evidence of me being there I headed on my way still in the dark. Although I did not really have specific destination in mind I was keen to make it to Windsor but was aware it was over 30 miles away. To achieve this I would have to be out on the water for some time so I figured an early morning start would help.
The wind was cold again and despite wearing 4 tops I could not get warm. My fingers were freezing and I could not do anything about it as my gloves got soaked last night. Even after the sun came up it did not help. The cold easterly wind was punishing. My shoulder and right elbow were really starting to throb. I could alter the technique to ease the pain although that created pains else where.
I passed through Henley and was joined by other rowers going on an early morning training session. With no phone I was unable to call Alison to arrange pick up. I had no other choice but ask a stranger to borrow their phone. To my surprise everybody was fine with that and I felt a lot better knowing that my collection had been sorted.
With Windsor castle only a few miles away my spirits lifted. After passing Windsor racecourse I got my first glimpse of the massive house. It was spectacular and the satisfaction of reaching my goal was immense.
 
 
Total Mileage: 115 Miles
Total Money Spent: £70


1 comment:

  1. I take my hat off to you Kris, doing this In winter!!

    Looks fun though

    ReplyDelete